Private Sydney Walking Tour
Get a totally bespoke experience with a private guide.
Totally bespoke experience
Start point of your choice
Flexible starting time
- Cancel up to 24 hours prior to departure for a full refund
- Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back
- Rated #1 on TripAdvisor
- Ditch the script and join an expert local guide on a bespoke walkthrough of Sydney
- Confer with your guide at the tour start about your biggest interests. Love photography? We’ll take you to the best photo stops. Want to discover hidden bars? It’s off to Sydney’s best bars!
- See Sydney’s famous sites — both the well-known Opera House to lesser known gems
- Discover local hot spots only your guide will share with you — from their favourite bar to their local cafe
Sydney Private Tour Summary
Like many tour companies, we offer regularly departing public tours of Sydney. If you want a tour just for yourself and your family/friends, or if you can’t come to the time of our public tour, our private tour is made for you.
By default, we’ll cover much of the same material as we do on the Complete Sydney Walking Tour, with one notable exception — we’ll ask your thoughts. If you have your heart set on Bondi Beach, or taking the Manly Ferry, or exploring the hip neighbourhood of Newtown, we’ll take you there.
This service acts on a “rent-a-guide” basis. You book the tour, and we’ll meet with you at the start and give you the experience you’re seeking.
Friendly, Experienced Guide
Ice cream stop? You got it!
Find local hotspots
This tour starts where you want it to — let us know when you book where to pick you up (from within Sydney’s city centre) and we’ll meet you there!
What To Bring on Your Melbourne Private Tour
- Weather-Appropriate Clothing: Please come prepared — this tour operates rain or shine
- Your Camera: If you’d like to take photos and make memories all over our amazing city – which we highly recommend!
- Water – It would be a good idea to bring a water bottle with you on the tour, especially on warmer days.
- Comfortable Shoes/Clothing: It’s called a walking tour for a reason! Make sure you wear comfortable clothing and shoes, in preparation to be on your feet for a few hours.
Sydney Private Tour FAQs
Our Sydney private tours include 3 hours with a guide at your disposal.
We are happy to pick you up at your accommodation or at the point of your choice to begin your Sydney private tour. It is your tour, after all! Let us know where you would like it to begin.
We can also ensure that your tour finishes in the location of your choice as well – whether that be at at restaurant where you’ve made a booking, your hotel, or a certain point of interest. We can make the booking for you, too!
This depends on what you want to see! We are happy to take you wherever you’d like to go in and around Sydney CBD, surrounding suburbs, and more. If you aren’t sure, we are happy to create the tour for you and give you a historical + cultural tour of Sydney as a fantastic introduction to the city.
Dress like you’re going to be outside for 3 hours. Comfortable walking shoes and an umbrella are always recommended.
View All FAQs
This tour is charged on a per-group basis. Your tour cost gives you 1 guide for any group size up to 30 people.
Of course! We are happy to host private functions on our personalised private tours. These are 3 hours tours we tailor specifically to your group’s requirements and interests.
Since you’re setting the itinerary, it’s really up to you. If you’re less mobile, we can use public tranpsort and keep off our feet more.
At a minimum, you should be able to walk up to a block at a time.
If you’re an ambitious walker, we could cover as much as 5 kms in the 3 hour tour. Most tours are 2-3kms.
Our Sydney private tour is perfectly suited to all kinds of groups, from school groups to corporate team-building to university classes to clubs. So yes, please being your group along!