Ghosts of Melbourne come to life on this seriously scary walk through the city's ghostly history.
Designed for mature audiences
Beer or mixed drink included
- Cancel up to 24 hours prior to departure for a full refund
- Satisfaction guaranteed or your money back
- Guaranteed group size of 20 people
- The Melbourne Ghost tour has a maximum group size of 20
- Uncover the dark criminal history of Melbourne. The gruesome true crimes that shook Melbourne to its core.
- Hear of Melbourne’s most horrifying murderers
- Discover Melbourne’s most haunted locations
- Uncover Melbourne’s seedy and debaucherous underbelly
- Share a complimentary beer or wine with your guide at the tour’s conclusion
Melbourne Ghost Tour Summary
Uncover the haunted, debaucherous and downright gruesome history of the city on this Melbourne Ghost Tour.
Step back in time and explore the secrets of Melbourne’s dark past through eerie laneways, ghostly buildings and grim stories of true crime.
Discover the serial killers that shook Melbourne to its core and unlock the mystery of one of the world’s most notorious serial killers.
Melbourne Ghost Tour Full Description
Let one of Melbourne’s top-rated tour guides take you on the exploration of the haunted and horrific past of Melbourne. Traverse through our laneways which tell tales of their gruesome past and learn of our most haunted sites.
We will explore and potentially unlock the mystery of one of the world’s most notorious killers. Could the infamous Jack the Ripper have been Melbourne murderer Frederick Bailey Deeming? Learn of his horrific crimes and decide for yourself!
Who are the spiritual beings said to inhabit our city? Learn of them including Dame Nellie Melba’s eerie presence and of her parties that are thrown at one of Melbourne’s most historic venues, The Hotel Windsor, almost a century after her death.
Retrace the footsteps of The Singing Strangler, A United States Marine stationed in Australia during WWII fixated with the voices of young women. We reveal about life in wartime Melbourne and reveal his brutal crimes.
Uncover the ghastly Melbourne underworld, a world of debauchery that our city still hints at today. Hear the salacious stories of prostitution and opium dens as we wind through the streets and laneways. Chinatown. Learn about the history of the famous Madame Brussels and the politicians and corrupt cops that frequented her establishments.
Be led along the Yarra River as we relive the story of the most gruesome discovery in Melbourne’s history, the Body in the Box. Learn of the horror find, the morbid response and the answer to the mystery that revealed into the cities most gruesome criminal acts
Visit Melbourne’s most haunted laneway and learn of its dark secrets. And what is the connection between our most haunted pub and Melbourne’s high society?
Wind-down after a whirlwind tour with a refreshing beverage and one of Melbourne’s favourite pubs. Our tour guide will join you and answer any questions you may have about the Melbourne ghost tour.
Friendly, Experienced Guide
Spooky Melbourne Icons
Your tour begins at Gordon Reserve (74-108 Spring St) – this is a park with a fountain and is located between the Parliament and Old Treasury Buildings.
What To Bring on Your Melbourne Ghost Tour
- Weather-Appropriate Clothing: This tour operates in all conditions, and temperatures can drop significantly in the dark
- Your Camera: If you’d like to take photos and make memories inside our handpicked and unique bar venues!
- A Filled Tummy: There’s no dinner break, so please arrive fully fed.
- Money: First drink is on us — anything more is your responsibility.
- Comfortable/Closed-Toe Shoes: Wear shoes comfortable enough for being on your feed for 2.5 hours. We recommend close-toed shoes.
Melbourne Ghost Tour FAQs
Plan for three hours. We finish the walking part of the tour around 2.5 hours in, then settle in for a drink (included) at a local pub.
Nah — we’re not big fans of the costume brigade. Expect friendly, passionate guides who will share with you the dark history of the city. Don’t expect us to pretend to feel the presence of a ghostly spirit for easy money.
Afraid not. We think Melbourne’s dark history is spooky enough already. We’ll set the scene with the details of some of Melbourne’s most gruesome history, but we’re not the kind of company that would feign a “ghost sighting” on tour.
View All FAQs
While all our other paid tours are capped at 12, we find that groups like to partake in the ghost tour more often, so we raised our cap to 20 people.
Of course! We are happy to host private functions on our personalised private tours. These are 3 hours tours we tailor specifically to your group’s requirements and interests. Book a private tour here!
Expect to walk about 3km during the tour.