|Title||Melbourne City Manager|
|Hours||Neg. — between 19 and 38 hrs/week|
|Salary||$60,000 — 89,000 OTE|
|Hours||Negotiable — between 19 and 38 hours per week|
|Reports to||Managing Director|
|Direct Reports||Operations team (primarily tour guides)|
Have you “earned your stripes” managing a hospitality venue, working on the road as a tour guide, or performing on a cruise ship? Are you looking for the stability of a career-track job but don’t want to work a typical 9-to-5? Do you have ambitions of someday running your own business, but need a bit more experience before going your own way? If you answered yes, this may be the role for you.
In the aftermath of the devastating impacts of COVID-19, Depot is looking for a leader to guide the Melbourne business out of the darkness.
Working hand-in-hand with the Managing Director, you’ll start the business anew. In the beginning, that will mean wearing many hats, from guiding tours to creating fun social media content like this or this. As the recovery continues, this role will evolve into a team leader, offloading some of the tour guiding responsibilities to a team you will build.
This position suits an entrepreneurial mind, happy with juggling a variety of responsibilities.
As you’ll be directly involved with the success of Melbourne, you’ll be entitled to a profit-share scheme.
Since its creation in 2017, Depot has grown to become Australia’s largest accredited walking tour operator.
Depot has been recognised both by industry and media, having been awarded industry accreditation through the Quality Tourism Framework (2019-2021), TripAdvisor’s Travellers Choice Award (2018-2021), and been featured on Today, ABC, Ten News, the the Daily Mail.
We believe in recruiting tour guides both within and outside our industry. Some of our past guides have included beer-makers, stand-up comedians, and ex-European tour guides from companies like Contiki and Fat Tire Tours.
- Lead walking tours — both virtual and in-person tours
- Maintain social media presence, both in front of and behind the camera
- Build and manage a team of tour guides
- Mange automated reservations system
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders such as partner bars, restaurants and council
- Ensure maximum profitability for Melbourne operations
- 2+ years management experience
- Adept at learning new technologies and social media platforms
- Strong interpersonal written & verbal communication skills
- Experience managing partner relationships
- Self-starter, able to take initiative without direct supervision
- Legal right to work in Australia
- Experience in the following sectors:
- Performing arts role
- Tourism and travel